Resiliency Self Test
ArticlesAugust 1, 2017
Resiliency Self-Assessment Questionnaire
Are you in the midst of a major change or planning for effective implementation? Consider the overwhelming benefits that building resilience in your employees will have in successfully implementing a change!
We’ve provided you with an option to download and print the test for easier tracking and scoring. Download PDF
To assist you, we invite you to take our free Resiliency Self-Assessment Questionnaire. This instrument will help you identify strengths, as well as making you aware of areas for improvement. Choose a number that best fits each statement:
4 = The statement is definitely true.
3 = The statement is, for the most part, true.
2 = The statement is only partly true.
1 = The statement is only occasionally true.
0 = The statement is completely false.
- ___ I have five supportive relationships in my professional life.
- ___ I can brainstorm other possible choices when confronted with crises at work.
- ___ At an emotional level, I accept change as a part of life.
- ___ I have goals and dreams for this year.
- ___ I take action on decisions.
- ___ I have hobbies or activities that express my creativity.
- ___ I have tried new activities this year.
- ___ I can list five personal strengths.
- ___ I have a strong sense that life is worth living.
- ___ I have self-care strategies for managing strong emotions.
- ___ I have positive self-talk messages.
- ___ I take care of myself regularly.
- ___ I am able to make meaning of suffering.
- ___ I have relationships of mutual support at work.
- ___ I am able to choose from a number of options to solve problems.
- ___ I thrive on change.
- ___ I have well-defined goals.
- ___ I solve problems quickly in my department.
- ___ I find my hobbies relaxing.
- ___ I enjoy trying new things.
- ___ I focus on my strengths.
- ___ Life is good.
- ___ I am able to express my feelings openly.
- ___ I have a positive view of myself.
- ___ Pain has shaped who I am.
_____ TOTAL SCORE
Evaluating your answers
All of the self-assessment statements were phrased positively. Individual answers of 3 or 4 would indicate a high degree of resilience in that area. Lower scores signify that attention and skill building are required. However you use this instrument, whether formally or informally, the Resiliency Self-Assessment Questionnaire will provide you with objective data to help you prepare to build resilience in your organization.